FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Cross-Country Road2Wellness Tour Reaches the Finish Line at Making Strides Walkathon, Oct. 15, in Jones Beach, NY
Raising awareness for cancer prevention and a cure, leading nutritional supplement maker Nature’s Answer CEO Frank D’Amelio, Jr., has led a team of riders on a 4,000-mile, cross- country motorcycle tour in partner with the American Cancer Society. The riders reach the finish line on October 15 at the start of the Making Strides Walkathon in Jones Beach, NY.
Hauppage, NY (October 11, 2017) – What does a coast-to-coast motorcycle tour and the American Cancer Society have in common? Both are hoping to raise awareness across America about cancer prevention, treatment and finding a cure during Breast Cancer Awareness Month in October.
Led by Frank D’Amelio, Jr., CEO of New York-based Nature’s Answer, one of the nation’s oldest and largest family owned manufacturers of nutritional supplements, along with a group of colleagues, the riders on the Road2Wellness Tour are covering 4,000-miles from San Diego to New York to kick-start the nonprofit Nature’s Answer Foundation with a mission to help educate communities and raise funds for prevention, treatment and research to finding a cure for cancer – a disease that has affected nearly every family in America.
During the 16-day road trip, which began September 30, the Road2Wellness Tour, held in partnership with the American Cancer Society, has included stops along the way to highlight the foundation’s support of health and wellness and cancer research organizations throughout the U.S., including the following organizations. The tour culminates October 15 at the starting line of the annual Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walkathon in Jones Beach, NY.
- American Cancer Society’s Hope Lodge – With 31 Hope Lodges across the U.S., the American Cancer Society’s Hope Lodge offers cancer patients and their families a free place to stay when their best hope for treatment may be in another city. The Nature’s Answer Foundation is proud to support Hope Lodge, and the Road2Wellness Tour included stops at Hope Lodge in Phoenix, AZ; Nashville, TN; and Hershey, PA.
- Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory – Founded in 1890 in Cold Spring Harbor, and home to eight Nobel Laureates, the Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory is one of the world’s preeminent institutes specializing in cancer, molecular biology and genetics research.
- Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walkathon – The Road2Wellness Tour riders reach the finish line at 7:00 am on the morning of Sunday, October 15, in Jones Beach, NY, where they will join 250 Nature’s Answer employees, family and friends at the starting line of the annual Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walkathon.
- Southwest College of Naturopathic Medicine – Southwest College of Naturopathic Medicine in Phoenix, AZ, is a premier university for naturopathic practitioners. SCNM is one of seven accredited naturopathic medical schools in North America.
- St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital – Families never receive a bill from St. Jude’s for treatment, travel, or lodging for life-threatening childhood illnesses. Most of the funding for this world-renowned children’s research hospital, based in Memphis, TN, comes from donors, with only 14% coming from insurance – a vastly different model from other hospitals, and one supported by the Nature’s Answer Foundation.
Social media coverage of the tour using #road2wellnesstour has featured frequent updates and live streaming on Facebook (Nature’s Answer); Twitter (@natures_answer); Instagram (naturesanswer and road2wellnesstour); and on the tour’s website, www.road2wellnesstour.com.
Nature’s Answer will donate 10% of total product sales across all channels of distribution during the entire month of October to the Nature’s Answer Foundation, to be distributed to various charities to support cancer research. In addition, select Road2Wellness Tour gear is available online at www.road2wellnesstour.com, with the net proceeds from the sale of these items to be donated to qualifying charities, as well.
For more information and a complete tour schedule, to see a list of our partners, and to make a tax-deductible donation, please visit www.road2wellnesstour.com. To schedule an interview with Nature’s Answer CEO Frank D’Amelio, Jr., contact Steven Hoffman, firstname.lastname@example.org, tel 303.807.1042.
About Nature’s Answer
Founded in 1972 by Frank D’Amelio, Sr., along with his wife Josephine, Nature’s Answer® is one of the largest family owned and operated manufacturers of nutritional supplements in North America. Today, Nature's Answer continues to combine the best of traditional herbal remedies, vitamins and minerals with innovative scientific techniques and phytopharmaceutical manufacturing to deliver supplements of the finest quality and value for the entire family. Visit www.naturesanswer.com.
About the Nature’s Answer Foundation
Established in 2017 as a tax-deductible, nonprofit 501c3 organization, the mission of the Nature’s Answer Foundation is to support scientific research to help find a cure for cancer and other leading diseases, promote preventive health education, and raise funds for these important causes. Please visit our website, Nature’s Answer Foundation.
# # #